Growing up, I always looked forward to Easter. My family had several traditions, such as dying eggs the night before, new dresses and suits for Easter Mass, Easter egg hunts after Church, and on. Now, due to the distance, we donít get to celebrate the holiday together, but Jake and I have started a new tradition of hosting our friends for Easter dinner.
We usually make the main the course with a couple of sides and ask our friends to bring their dishes of choice. Itís a great way to learn more about their families’ traditions and also takes some of the pressure off of us.
As I mapped this year’s menu out, I decided to make deviled eggs with Old Bay shrimp for people to munch on when they arrive. This appetizer has become a holiday favorite of ours and the recipe is a great way to make use of all of the dyed eggs that have been created by kiddos and adults alike. Plus, I am married to a guy from Maryland, so it never hurts to add Old Bay to the menu.
Wishing all of you a happy Easter!
Country Livingís Deviled Eggs with Old Bay Shrimp
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Large pot or Instant Pot for the eggs
24 cooked rock or bay shrimp
1 cup white wine vinegar
12 hard boiled eggs*
Ĺ cup mayo
2 tbsp dill pickle juice
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning, plus pinch to top each egg
Ĺ tsp salt
24 small sprigs of fresh dill
1. In a large bowl, combine cooked and peeled shrimp and cup of white wine vinegar; refrigerate for 30 minutes
2. In a food processor, blend the yolks from the 12 hard boiled eggs (reserve the halved whites), Ĺ cup of mayo, 2 tbsp of dill pickle juice, 1 tbsp of Old Bay seasoning, and Ĺ tsp of salt until smooth
3. Drain the shrimp and set them aside
4. Distribute the filling among the reserved egg white halves and sprinkle each with a pinch of Old Bay seasoning
5. Top each deviled egg with a pickled shrimp and a spring of fresh dill
6. Serve immediately or do step 2 and 4 the night before and steps 1,2, and 5 the day you plan to serve
* To hard boil the eggs in an Instant Pot, follow Skinnytasteís directions here.
Love shrimp? You donít want to miss this recipe for delicious and easy shrimp summer rolls!